Pages

Monday, February 13, 2017

Getting Ready for Valentine's Day

Sign outside of Tacolicious

Valentine's Day falls on a Tuesday this year. What are your plans? My birthday is within a few days of the holiday, so my husband and I are planning a combo birthday/Valentine's day celebration dinner this weekend, and skipping the prix fix scene. Or rather my husband is planning the dinner, so it will be a surprise. There aren't a ton of restaurants in the area that I would describe as "romantic", so I'm secretly hoping he'll book a reservation at one of the following places:

The Village Pub

A cozy spot in Woodside, with red velvet seats, an extensive wine list, and one Michelin star. Need I say more? We usually sit at the bar, planning to save money by ordering off the Pub Menu. Without fail, however, one of us spots something tasty on the regular menu and we end up blowing our budget ;)

Italico

This relative new spot on Palo Alto's California Street is brought to us by the owners of Terun, which is another one of my favorite restaurants. While Terun's décor is sleek, with lots of white, Italico has a warmer vibe, making it a better Valentine's Day option. Like the Village Pub, Italico has a bar, in case you forgot to make reservations.

Tacolicious (Emerson Street location)

Single this year? Grab some friends and head to Tacolicious for Taco Tuesday. As a San Diego native, I honestly have more reverence for Taco Tuesday than Valentine's Day. I also love a good margarita, so I would actually be pretty pleased with a Valentine's Day date at Tacolicious.

Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment