Pages

Saturday, March 4, 2017

Happy Weekend!

Today I attended a friend's baby shower.  It has been raining off and on, but I feel springtime around the corner, and decided to go with a yellow dress for a pop of color. I usually take a cue from the venue to determine whether to go casual or dressy, but the shower was at someone's home, and it could go either way. So I threw on a denim jacket to add a casual element.


So was my outfit choice appropriate?
Well...when I arrived at the party, about half of the women were in dresses and the other half in jeans and cute tops. I fell squarely in the middle with a dress and denim. Short of polling the guests, which I could have done if I had thought ahead, the next best thing is often to layer dressy and casual pieces.

The entire outfit: Reiss dress that I bought for my honeymoon in 2009; J.Crew denim jacket; nude Prada pumps


No comments:

Post a Comment